As Salesforce Administrator you will be responsible for owning, developing, and executing the day-day configuration, reporting, training, support, maintenance and overall improvement of the CRM platform. You will work closely with internal and external partners and participate in all phases of new implementations including planning, design of the application, configuration, development and coding of custom objects, fields and integration points. You will be responsible for the administration of all adjacent Sales tools. You will work cross functionally with internal stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Marketing, Customer Success, and Customer Support) to ensure that Salesforce supports business requirements.
This role will report to the Sr. Director, Sales Operations and is located in Santa Clara, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform administrator functions such as user management, profiles, roles, permissions, rules, assignment rules, queues, licenses, capacity and storage management
- Manage dashboards, reports, forms, templates, page layouts workflows and approvals, create and maintain custom objects, object relationships, standard and custom fields.
- Work with end users to provide best practices and tips on Salesforce usage including training, documentation and support as necessary.
- Customize reporting and dashboards for various teams, provide reports and report training.
- Manage and maintain third party apps including Marketo and making recommendations on tools that will provide better user experiences and efficiencies.
- Stay Current with Salesforce releases and corresponding documentation and provide new functionality and solutions as needed.
- Establish and implement best practices: system maintenance, security, improvements, data integrity, duplicates, backups, etc.
- Strong track record of delivering innovative solutions.
- Smart, driven, savvy with a knack for creativity and a surplus of energy to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think out-of-the-box and be a problem solver.
- Strategic thinker that is able to resolve issues using sound judgment.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines and work well with all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Preferred in Computer Science or related field)
- 5+ years of Salesforce Administration experience
- Knowledge of ad-hoc query tools and data repositories
- Ability to model business processes as data structures and applications in Salesforce
- Detail oriented with strong documentation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience at a SAAS company
- SFDC/Marketo integration experience
- Salesforce Communities experience
- Experience with unit testing, deploying change sets from Salesforce sandbox environments, and familiarity with common software development practices and methodologies
- Experience in promoting code from sandboxes to production environment, address related to functionality, integration etc.
- Salesforce Administrator certification is a plus