Cybersecurity Education Specialist
At AttackIQ, our mission is to make the world safe for compute by helping organizations stand up a threat-informed defense with real-time insights into how security teams’ programs are performing. Part of this is exposing the cybersecurity community to free, in-depth training on everything from MITRE ATT&CK to purple teaming to cloud security via our AttackIQ Academy. We’re currently looking for a passionate, motivated Cybersecurity Education Specialist to help create and disseminate these important educational resources.
As a Cybersecurity Education Specialist, you have the opportunity to drive the creative process behind AttackIQ Academy training courses. You’ll have deep involvement in creating your own courses and coaching others to do the same. This role will report to the Director of Cybersecurity Education and will be located anywhere in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the development of new courses. This includes working with other instructors outside and inside of AttackIQ by coaching them through the course creation process.
- Assist in planning new course development and release through managing course development timelines and obtaining feedback from students.
- Find opportunities within existing processes to improve efficiency and customer delight.
- Design and instruct your own new courses for AttackIQ Academy
- Demonstrated understanding of Instructional Design concepts.
- Some small-scale project management experience.
- Strong background in multiple areas of cybersecurity. Overall knowledge of high-level security concepts (MITRE ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Defense-In-Depth, CIA Triad, etc.) is a must, a professional background in assorted technologies (EDR, SIEM, AV, FW, Zerotrust, etc) is desired as well.
- Demonstrated understanding of threat-informed defense concepts.
- Not afraid to be on camera – our instructors work to connect with our students through the use of video.
- Ability to break down large concepts into smaller, more digestible chunks of information.
Required Experience and Skills
- Exceptional written and presentation skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Practical experience in instructional design a plus
- 5+ years experience in a cybersecurity role
- 1+ years project management experience
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: “Cybersecurity Education Specialist”
Note to all recruitment agencies
AttackIQ does not accept agency resumes without a signed agreement. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, our employees, or any other company location. AttackIQ is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with us.
At AttackIQ we value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.